Community involvement is the key to a successful Main Street Program.
The Main Street Program is comprehensive and incremental. Small projects and simple activities lead to a more sophisticated understanding of the revitalization process and help develop skills so that more complex problems can be addressed and more ambitious projects undertaken in the future.
- Established new festival, Scare on the Square, in 2021
- Merged Historic Review and Main Street Boards, leading the Main Street board to have the ability to issue Certificates of Appropriateness and determine Demolition by Neglect status
- Continued with top attendance at Bonnie & Clyde Days, Christmas on the Square, Pilot Point Market and Easter Egg Hunt
- Began focus on digital marketing and outreach efforts in attempt to highlight all businesses and events on the Square
- Obtained Sidewalk Grant, to be initiated in 2022
- Started construction on new sidewalks for the square.
- Worked in partnership with Pilot Point Municipal Development District for construction of new parking lot on Main Street and renovation of Historic Ice House, which will be future permanent home of the Pilot Point Market
- Welcomed a new retailer (Notoriously Yours) to the square who took advantage of the Neighborhood Empowerment Zone agreement.
- Bloomfield Schoolhouse (PDF) begins educational program.
- First Main Street Low-Interest Loan issued.
- Pilot Point is Designated a "Preserve America Community" by President and Laura Bush.
- Two highway signs were erected on State Highway 377 north and south of town.